Trivia Night Software
I’m working on a new trivia app which is a little different to those out there. It has the following basic features:
- It is all mobile friendly – while it works in your standard desktop browser, it will look and feel like a mobile app. It works well on iPhones, iPads and Android devices since the underlying technology is jQuery.
- It’s web based – no there’s no app yet in the App Store or Google play, however that might change. Watch this space.
- You provide your own quiz questions which at this time are text based and can be either multiple choice or a single answer (with up to 5 variants)
- Each question has a single right answer
- Each question can be awarded points, from 1-100
- Questions belong to a trivia section, which you can create, for example, “general knowledge”
- Trivia’s can be public or private, if private you need to provide a code to them
- You can choose to open questions one at a time. Once you open a question, they appear on the players devices
- Each trivia section has a leader board – where you can view who has the most points
- There is a overall hall of fame, including a large screen display which automatically refreshes on a regular basis.
- Players participate by logging on to the URL
This trivia software is good for:
- Trivia nights where you have pre-prepared sections and questions
- You have groups of users with mobile devices and an internet connection on each
- Questions are multiple choice or single answers (and the single answers are easy to spell and there’s little ambiguity)
- You want an individual leaderboard for each trivia section and an overall hall of fame
- Times when you don’t have any IT hardware, but if you wanted to use some of the features such as the big screen leader board and questions & answers, then a projector and PC is good